1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schilling to Clemens: Give Back the Awards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 20, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That crazy blogger Schilling weighs in:

http://38pitches.com/2007/12/19/one-players-take-on-the-mitchell-report-canseco-clemens-records-looking-back-or-going-forward/

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/on-his-blog-schilling-has-words-for-clemens/?hp

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Schilling better be completely clear of any sort of performance-enhancing drugs to be throwing out stuff like that.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Wait till they find the can of red paint in his garage...
    Man, he's screwed...

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I truly believe Curt means well.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Damn, that's long.

He better be clean as a whistle, too, before lobbing brickbats.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

He thinks all should be his way, but he's just a big a dick as the rest.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In related news, John Smoltz told Jim Rome if he were similarly accused, he'd be lawyering up in a hurry to go after the accusers.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Actually, after watching Schilling's blog post, I almost have to wonder if he's channeling Rokski (or was it Rokski2) in his length (obviously not with his view.)

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Clemens should hire PI's to dig into Schilling.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

At the same time I pray that ANYONE in this report that is innocent, steps up and clears their names, now, today. No one has, and through today no one has done anything but issue a crafted statement in someone else’s words denying their guilt or association in any of this.

Wonder why that is, sock puppet....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

There's always been that argument, "Steroids don't make much of a difference anyway."

Notably, Herold Reynolds was always saying, "They might give you an extra foot on your home runs - what's the big deal?"

Here, Curt Schilling is saying Jose Canseco wouldn't have been a major league ballplayer without them.

I guess he's saying steroids make a difference -- a BIG difference.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Because attacking your attacker is the best line of defense, right?

Or Clemens could come clean, or come "clean." Schill and Smoltz are right: if he's innocent, Rodge-Uh should be screaming his innocence to anyone who will listen. Silence only leads to speculation.

Draft saved Draft deleted