1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schilling says Bosox wanted him to use PEDs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Feb 7, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/07/curt-schilling-says-red-sox-officials-encouraged-him-to-use-peds-in-2008/related/

Do you believe him? Steroids are a very broad category (I had to use them for a jaw problem) so there is quite a bit of wiggle room for the management and Schilling is a glory hound.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He must have read the SJ novel.

First define 'PED,' because there are plenty of medically-prescribed, doctor-approved treatments/pharmaceuticals.

I have a very hard time believing that 'Red Sox officials' directly suggested he take banned substances; even if they wanted him to, no chance they'd discuss it directly, it's a conversation that would have gone through a third party.

Also, if (as he claims) there were numerous witnesses to the conversation, let's hear from another witness.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, we know the Red Sox wanted to have a "sexier" team... :D

4. Mizzougrad96

Do I believe him?

I don't think he just made this up. I also think there is probably a big difference between what Schilling remembers being said and what the team official in question probably said.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Go home Curt. You're drunk.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind that Schilling would say literally anything, about literally anybody, if it meant getting 10 more seconds of any kind of attention being paid to him.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if someone in the organization suggested to him he may want to consider using PEDs. I also don't care.

7. Mizzougrad96

I kind of agree with that.

I could also see someone coming up to Schilling and saying something to the effect of, "You need to do whatever you have to to stay healthy and stay on the field." and have him translate that with his tiny little brain into, "You must take steroids or HGH."

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Or it's all bullshit and Schilling wanted some attention again.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Naaahhhh.... Couldn't be that.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I always thought Schilling was on the stuff anyway. OK, time to get my knuckles rapped by OOP.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Get bigger, get stronger, heal faster. You're a big boy, you can figure out how."

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he's an obnoxious, self absorbed, duplicitous douche bag. Why should he be believed without evidence? How much does Mr Republican TeaBagger owe the government?

Draft saved Draft deleted