1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schiano is going ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Schiano is on his way to doing something great at Rutgers. I am glad he decided to stay.

Lot of credit for this should really go to Bob Mulchay. Over the last 20 year he has had a major impact on the NY/NJ sports scene in a very unassuming manner.

I bet Barry Alverez comes out of retirement to take Miami job.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you think Mulcahy does anything in an unassuming manner, Boom, you have no idea what happens on this side of the river.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

UM is still a shitty place to be. Win 9 games at Rutgers every year and you're a deity. Win 9 games at the University of Coral Gables every year and you're fired.

Too many expectations, too many boosters, too much of a bad reputation and too many famous and mouthy alumni players willing to stab you in the back so they can get their names in the paper. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

4. Boom_70

Believe me I know that, but I would bet that most sports fans in NY/ NJ don't have a clue who he is.

5. Boom_70

Some of their alumni might litterly stab you in the back.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Babelfish translation: "Wahhh, Schiano didn't go to MY favorite team, so therefore he must suck."

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Whoa, big difference between Hawkins and a Schiano type. Hawkins had no prayer in Hell of being a national contender at Boise, nevermind win a national championship. Did you see how badly Georgia beat them last year?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't question whether Shannon would be a good hire. I do question is Miami can do the "hire one of our assistants" thing again when they're looking to replace the last assistant they hired.

Anyone who saw Rutgers when Schiano took over will agree: The guy has done one HELL of a job. They bloody sucked when he got there.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We'll see if Al Golden can pull the same miracle at Temple.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Let's save this thread.... Kumar is more sober.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

UM was much, much worse when Davis took over.

Not arguable... among the sane.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not a big difference.

Virtually the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted