1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schiano is going ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's always difficult to replace a legend, but when you're the king of New Jersey and can bring the top players with you, then it's an easier transition.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Schiano's got a good recruiting class coming and is in line for the top o-lineman out of Jersey, so the cupboard is hardly bare. He'll continue to do well.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

If I was Rodriguez, I'd do the same thing. Stay, have another good/great season and then see if there are some better options available next year.

One thing you can always count on is coaches getting fired, so there shouldn't be any need to rush out the door.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

"Greg, we'd like you to be the next coach here in Happy Valley. You have a couple years, work on building up Rutgers, find a person on staff to be your successor, and we'll leave the seat warm for you."

Wouldn't be surprised if this conversation took place.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Who wouldn't want to go to a suddenly-mediocre Miami program that's essentially run by its law-challenged former football players in a setup that's not unlike the Crips and Bloods of South Central L.A.?

Fuck, where do I sign up?

6. Freelance Hack

Wait for it...

7. Freelance Hack

Wait for it...

8. Freelance Hack

Wait for it...

9. Freelance Hack

Now... YOU'RE HIRED!

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is going to be the second time that Miami ends up "settling" for someone because no decent head coach wants to touch that job. They'll wind up with Randy Shannon, which will be a good hire, but not an exciting one...

11. tommyp

tommyp Member

Jeez...Schiano is responsible for helping to build interest in college football again in the NY/NJ metropolitan area, something that hasn't been done in...say...50 years?

I don't know why he wouldn't want to stay.

12. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Exactly, think Dan Hawkins would like a do-over right about now!

Draft saved Draft deleted