1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scavenger hunt: Get your coach a date

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 12, 2013.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/washington-softball-coach-leave-sending-players-scavenger-hunt-224911822.html?.tsrc=sprint%3Fdate%3D20420206

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2020510800_softballcoachxml.html

High school softball coach put on indefinite leave after he sends his players out on a "scavenger hunt" to take pictures of cute girls (by girls he meant young ladies over 21) and get their phone numbers so he could talk to them. Coach is only 25.

2. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

[​IMG]
    He laughs at this pathetic loser.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So did he hold this trophy before he held the NBA title trophy?

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

When I was in high school, there was one younger male teacher that every girl had a crush on (and several attempted to flirt with, only to be shut down). But more than that, the girls constantly tried to set him up. They literally asked out a teacher on his behalf, without his permission once. (The teacher, one of the most attractive in the school, turned down the date because she had a boyfriend, which broke every boy's heart.) This seems like it was probably something like that.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

No it wasn't.
    http://deadspin.com/5989487/high-school-softball-coach-suspended-for-sending-his-players-out-to-find-him-dates-just-days-after-starting-the-job?popular=true

In his last job, he was texting pretty inappropriately to one of his female players.

6. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Eric Spoelstra is hooking up with a 24 year-old former Heat dancer while LeBron is sending out "save the date" notices for his wedding...finally marrying his high school sweetheart. Something is very wrong with that picture.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thanks. I didn't read that far. That's a hugely important fact in all this.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know why anyone would hire a male 25 or under at a high school. Not ignoring the older lechers who are in abundance, Lord knows, but this is just begging for trouble. In fact there really isn't anything pervy about an early 20s man (or woman) being into a 16-17 yo girl (or boy).

Not that this was expressly what the guy was doing, but it was headed down that road for sure.

9. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Sorry but that is pretty stupid. "Oh you're young? Well we can't hire you then because we're going to uphold a prejudice, stupid notion."

Middle-aged coaches I'd bet have more cases of sleeping with a player or student than younger. More desperate at that age. At 25, there is still plenty out there. At 35, not so much.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I like how you skewer LTL for a stupid, prejudiced notion, then come right back and throw down one of your own.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Between the two incidents, this guy will never coach again. Hope it wasn't his life long dream.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how I am being stupid and prejudiced for understanding the testosterone surge, lack of judgment, and (usually) singlehood that are characteristics of the human male in his early 20s. Certainly rental car and insurance companies, as well as many hotels, understand this situation thoroughly.

But I'm always happy to be on the opposite side of Cubbiebum. It's always an indication that I'm on the right track.

Anyway, getting back to this dude ... one of the stories says he coaches a select team. That's where the real shit happens because it's completely unregulated, and kids (and their parents) will put up with a whole lot if they believe playing for the team is increasing the chances of a scholarship.

Draft saved Draft deleted