1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scattered, smothered, covered and patrolled? That costs extra

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Feb 15, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Can we make this a Waffle House thread instead of a gun violence thread?

The All-Star Special is one of the best meals in the history of food. You could split it with another person have have two full meals for about $6.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I recently ate at that Waffle House, and it was fucking terrible, 20% surcharge aside.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Me too; every quantifiable aspect of the experience would have received a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

5. There are so many Waffle Houses that use off-duty cops or other security late at night...I wonder how that affects the bottom line. You've got to imagine a diner is a pretty narrow margin business as it is. Paying someone to sit there for a several hours can't help.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Waffle House: first-ballot Food Poisoning Hall of Fame

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I have never eaten a bad meal at Waffle House, up to and including the most recent time I ate there - yesterday. Waffle, bacon and coffee is a fine breakfast. Come to think of it, I could go for scattered, smothered, covered and topped right now.
    Our local Waffle House once had a car crash through the front door. Fortunately, I wasn't there at the time.
    I am more disturbed about the crime rate at Five Points. Every time I go to Atlanta I go right through there to get on the shuttle to the Braves game.

Draft saved Draft deleted