1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scary doc

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by thereligiouswrong, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I'm a documentary junkie, and I just saw a good one: "A Crude Awakening." If you're a Netflx or Blockbuster user, I highly recommend it.

In a nutshell, it's the history of oil and the planet's future without it.

Basically, we're fucked. Earth, according to this great doc, can only sustain about 1-2 billion people when it runs out of oil, which is about 30-50 years down the road.

Earth has more than 6 billion people, at least 9 billion by 2040. You can do the math.

I will stop whining now.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Scare yourself more:

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Even more reason to vote all the Big Oil cronies out of office and get cracking on fuel cell technology.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should read this section of that site:

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And, oh by the way, THAT is an effective and appropriate use of a noose.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The nuclear holocaust that will take place because of the imminent shortage will get us before anything else.

Well, that or a massive plague.

Happy Friday, motherfuckers.
  7. KG

KG Active Member

I'm not all about living green but when I finally buy a house I'd like to look into solar power. Of course no homeowners association would ever approve such an "eyesore" as I assume they'd declare panels to be. I also wouldn't be opposed to a small windmill in the back yard, yet another contraption that would never get approved. It's really just selfish reasons I want these things. I want to be able to depend on myself for my power and not a company that will take a week's pay each month. Being green is just a good side effect of my selfishness.
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't move into a neighborhood that has a homeowners association and you can do whatever you want.

I love living in the country.
  9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And, that is usually a problem.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Homeowners associations are still a minority situation.
    Also, if you want to see a great documentary, rent "King of Kong: A Fist Full of Quarters."
  11. OTD

OTD Active Member

There's a house in my neighborhood (with an association) with solar panels. Most associations are getting a little more lenient about those things.
  12. Thanks, I just put it in my Netflix queue.
Draft saved Draft deleted