1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Supposedly?

2. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I have a four-stitch scar under my lower lip. Stupidly played hockey for awhile without a facemask. Tried to sneak up behind a goalie clearing the puck from behind his net and took the follow-through in the face. Also took out a tooth and now I have bridge. Spent way too many hours in a dentist chair.
    I also have a small one on my forehead that is barely visible from when I took a puck in the head at the neighbourhood rink Christmas morning when I was six.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I have one above my right eye, under my eye brow. No one has ever noticed it but my wife. Maybe she has a thing for it, or just pays attention to detail.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Back in my single-guy-with-an-expense-account days, I found myself at a watering hole in Chicago, chatting up an attractive (female) investment-banker type, complete with the fitted skirt, jacket, blouse and pearls choker.

Long story short, we ended up back at my hotel room and I go to work disrobing her. Only I got the shock of my life.

No, not what you are thinking.

Seems the high choker and the buttoned-up blouse were hiding the scars of a 3rd degree burn that ran from her neck to her belly button. Yep, past where her breasts normally would have been.

She volunteered that when she was a young girl, she tipped a scalding hot, banquet-sized pot of coffee on herself, and the scars were the result.

Yeah, it didn't bother me.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Good for you.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Pics, or GTFO.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Does this count toward the Paleo diet?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So long as she wasn't a fatty.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Did you put a little cream in her coffee?

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I couldn't decide.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is this a multiple choice test?

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Showing his versatility, as it were.

Draft saved Draft deleted