1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scarlett, please eat something!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ledbetter, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The pictures are coming up on my browser, but I hope Johansson doesn't go in for the super skinny look. The young woman is gorgeous. She doesn't have to starve herself.
    Also, there should be a rule against posting pictures of Nicole Ritchie's daughter. Chubby, average, skeletal — the girl is hard on the eyes.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Watching "Translation" a few months ago with a GF at the time, she commented on SJ's "cottage-cheese ass." Meoowwww.

I said, "You're out of your goddamn mind."

Which led, a little later, of course, to: "Do you think she's hotter than me?"

WELLLL, HELL YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Key words: GF "at the time." ::) ::)

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love the "go fug yourself" site. Good times.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Star, I find it's usually not a good idea to tell a girlfriend how hot you think an actress is.
    Some women don't mind, but keeping quiet on the topic never bothers any woman.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

See, I love talking about women and how they look. Usually, I just have completely different taste in women than the guy I'm dating, so it never really ends well (Drew Barrymore? Really?)...but I don't mind it.

For instance, the guy and I were talking about my longstanding girl crush on Alyssa Milano the other night.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have no issue with guys telling me such and such actress is hot. 1) The chances of him and said actress hooking up is slim to none and 2) if he and said actress hook up, he was so far out of my league it wasn't funny oh and 3) as long as he agrees Angelina Jolie is hot, we're all good.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The easiest way around this is giving each other a list.

Each partner has five celebs they can hypotheically cheat with, and talk of new smoking hot actors and actresses can be done in the interest of culling the list.

My GF's number one is Jon Stewart, while Scarlett features prominently in mine.

It ain't ever going to happen, and I get to ogle in peace while she doesn't feel overlooked. Everyone wins.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, we have fives. I'm constantly redoing mine. :)

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

So I caught a daytime episode of Charmed the other day (came on after Law & Order on TNT), and Milano is cute in a pixie-dust sort of way, but I thought the other one, the older sister with the long hair, was much prettier.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

See, we're exact opposites. I think Holly Combs is cute, but Alyssa is hot.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc and I have fives, too. Mine changes a lot.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've known women who were fine with it, women who admitted they were bothered and women who said they were fine with it but were actually bothered.
    The current would probably be fine with it.
    But, in my experience, it's a topic best left alone. That's the 'can't lose' approach.

Draft saved Draft deleted