1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scarlett, please eat something!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ledbetter, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Whoever thought to sell the concept of mega-sized sunglasses as cutting-edge fashion and those who follow along with it need to die in a car fire.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Let Scarlett and Lindsay Blohan fight over the last corn dog on the planet.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

Ya know, I never found her that attractive 'til the other night when she was on Letterman. It was HD, so she was all bright and shiny and perfect-looking. But she's also well-spoken and has a great smile, so that really got me on to her. I had no idea she was 21, either.

I'd skeet on her.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The opening of Lost in Translation is quite a sight.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing the issue here folks.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I've been trying to find out her true identity for years.

Makes sense.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember seeing Ghost World and thinking "Wow, that girl opposite Thora Birch is fucking gorgeous..." She was playing an 18-year-old, so I figured she was probably mid-20s at the time... Turns out, she was 16... I felt very dirty...

I don't know if that first photo is doctored, or if it's just shot at a strange angle, but every time I've ever seen Scarlett on TV she looks very curvaceous... The reason I think that picture is doctored is because it makes it look like she has no rack at all... I guess the same could have been said about Lindsay Lohan, who went from racktacular to sickly, but I hope that isn't the case with Scarlett who is every bit as talented as she is hot...

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Bubbler asked what the issue is...

I think "really, really thin" is in right now. Beautiful women who need to do NOTHING are going super-thin for some unknown reason.

Johansen couldn't have looked better in L.I.T. or Girl with the Pearl Earring, for example. Why change?

I looked at shots of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders the other night-- Whoa. It's like 2 orbs stuck on a ribcage.

Thin was in when I was in high school... then we sort of got away from that and voluptuous became more in... now we've gone back to a place that is "thinner" than when I was in high school.

The actresses who are interested in fashion (and I know Scarlett is because I see pictures of her at the big shows) tend to make that leap.

I'm also hearing a lot more MEN criticizing women's weight ... say... in the last 5 years -- And criticizing in this weird, estrogeny way that makes them sound like Aunt Bee's sewing circle. It's odd...

I will say this about boobs... In most women, when they loose weight, that's first place they loose it. It's tough trying to maintain a 5 lb. zone between 'eat a sandwich' and 'step away from the buffet.'

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually think she may have looked the hottest in "The Island" which everybody hated, but I thought was surprisingly good... Actually it may be a tie between The Island and Match Point...

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

[​IMG]

Seperated at birth?

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

She's a heck of an actress, even when she was younger (can you say that when you're talking about a 21-year-old?) I recently saw "The Horse Whisperer" and her emotional scenes were very convincing.

12. busuncle

busuncle Member

[​IMG]

Siblings?

Draft saved Draft deleted