1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds - kaput

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Dec 14, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mad Men.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hamm is another actor who falls into the women love him and men think he's cool.

Hamm was great in The Town and will be a huge movie star as soon as Mad Men ends (not that I want it to).

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I've never seen them myself, but I'm pretty sure he was making the comment right around the time "As Good As It Gets" came out. Although I don't remember them being unveiled in that one.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I liked Vicki Christina Barcelona -- and I thought Penelope Cruz blew Scarlett out of the water in that movie. Acting, appearance, charisma...sure Cruz had the meatier role, but Scarlett may as well have been a ghost in their scenes together.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And he did this great promo for the St. Louis Blues.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They weren't. Just a scene with a soaking-wet, tight shirt.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't the Deadpool movie...er...dead? It was at least pushed way back due to Green Lantern. I still think he was a much better fit for Wade Wilson than he is as Hal Jordan.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

When I read the Helen Hunt post, I conjured an image of Linda Hunt before realizing my mistake. It was a difficult moment.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted too. I think she's a good actress, but I think she needs to play a specific character type. Although I should probably hold off on saying this until I've seen Black Swan, I think ScarJo and Natalie Portman have a lot in common. They're both beautiful, both obviously care about the craft, both particular about the kind of director they work with, and (for the most part) care more about making art than being a commercial success. But they've both gotten a lot of mileage out of playing similar characters.

Is the girl from Ghost World all that different from the girl in Lost in Translation?

No more so than Portman's character in Beautiful Girls is really any different than the one she plays in Garden State.

I think LIT is a wonderful film. Quiet and melancholy and honest and sad. And I think her understated style serves her well. She was fricken 18 years old when she made that movie, playing a 25-year-old, and she somehow conveyed both confidence and vulnerability. It's really a beautiful flick where very little happens, and not even a ton of dialog occurs, so a lot has to be shared through non-verbal acting.

But then my wife made me watch The Nanny Diaries and it made me question the whole thing.

Match Point was pretty good. I thought she was best when she went a little crazy at the end.

And yes, she has a nice chest.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is such a cool promo, I would almost consider cheering for the Blues.

Almost.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm surprised you survived it.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

If I can read Mizzou's post about Jennifer Connolly and Ludivine Sagnier without a massive heart attack, the wily cockroach has nothing on me.

Draft saved Draft deleted