1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scar-Jo and Mickey Rourke onboard for Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nice cast...

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I just looked at it on IMDB.com, and man that is an all-star cast. Dunno if the movie will live up to it, but I'm ready to see it.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'll see anything with Robert Downey, Jr in it. Don't care what it is, he's that good.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The first one was really well done and I can't wait for the new one to come out.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The previews look amazing. I'm not even much of a comics guy, but that's some really cool stuff.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I saw the first one again on DVD last night and I can't believe how thoroughly entertaining it is from start to finish. Doesn't miss a beat at all, and the acting was pretty good, too.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

When I grow up and get a real job, I want Tony Stark's house.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They cast the movie with actors, not movie stars and that's key. That's not to say Downey isn't a movie star, but it's so much better with him than someone who is more famous like Tom Cruise, who desperately wanted the role.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

FWIW I'm buds with the top professional box office predictor in town (yep, that's his job) and his early read is IM2 will top TDK as the biggest summer blockbuster ever, especially taking into account that ticket prices went up last month.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

tom cruise? that would've been major fail.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I'm just excited War Machine is in it. I doubt we'll see Stark the alcoholic and Rhodes taking over as Iron Man before becoming War Machine.

12. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Even "Less than Zero" from back in the day?

Draft saved Draft deleted