1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scalping laws ... updated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Re: Scalping laws

So here's the deal. I unloaded the 3 tickets. Don't feel like telling you how much I got for them, but I will say this much: Guy comes in about 10 minutes before first pitch with his two kids, so I let him know they were my tickets and ask how much he paid for them. Turns out the entrepreneur on the street turned a 200% profit (yes, profit) on those tickets.

I was sad for a second, but decided to eat my dollar hot dogs and enjoy the baseball game instead.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If a guy turned a 200 percent profit on Royals-Pirates tickets, he ought to be running the goddamned Fed.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It really would be interesting and helpful to know the end result of your sale. Come on the IRS does not monitor this site. You can tell us. What did you get $100 per ticket.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My neighbor gave me tickets for tonight's game and the place was actually pretty packed, 36,000+. But numbers on fireworks nights always have to be taken with a grain of salt. Yinzers do love their fireworks.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Wait ... drudged up? Tell me the guy isn't so big now he's taken over dredged in the public consciousness.

Just in case it was intentional comedy, I laughed.

Draft saved Draft deleted