1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scalping laws ... updated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Re: Scalping laws

I don't know - seems like a lot of good seats available for less than $30 per. does not seem over valued to me.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

You would be surprised how often people just arrive at a game they know is not sold out looking to buy tickets. I do it myself in almost every city I visit for business. I almost always purchase my tickets from someone like yourself instead of the ticket office.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Not available for comment:

[​IMG]

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You have as much chance of being arrested for scalping tix as you do of getting a blow job in the right field stands.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mark Sanford will be at the game?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is only one level of tickets priced more than $30 in the entire ballpark...$47 is the top price.
    This is Pittsburgh, boom, not New York.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's Kansas City-Pittsburgh. You can't get the players' wives, children or mothers interested in that game.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I'm surprised this hasn't been drudged up:

I went to the grocery store the other day and forgot that I had left a pair of Pirates tickets on the dash of my car. I came out of the store to discover that someone had smashed out my window and left a pair of tickets next to my pair.

9. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

My great-great-great grandmother scalped my great-great-great grandfather, but that was in Tennessee and I'm sure the statute of limitations has run out.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I'm smelling an awesome promotion in the Charleston Riverdogs' future.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And if you have no problem missing the first pitch, kickoff, tipoff, whatever, you'll get criminally good deals for everything from Pirates-Royals to the Super Bowl.

I wish I had the stones to do that, but it feels too weird to me to arrive late.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What is blue white yellow black and has fail all over?

Your tickets.

Draft saved Draft deleted