1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scalping laws ... updated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Just a quick question. I'm headed to a baseball game this weekend in Pittsburgh. I bought the tickets in advance, and due to cancellations, I suddenly find myself with three extras.
    As I understand it, you can re-sell the tickets as long as you don't sell them for above face value. But that's my understanding, and I don't want to be arrested if my understanding differs from reality. Can anyone verify this for me?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Re: Scalping laws

You think you can resell Pirates tickets? You'll probably have to pay people to take them off your hands.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Well, that's my fear right now.

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It depends. Is it for Saturday night's game? As long as the weather is nice, those are usually pretty full and you could probably get someone to buy the tickets.

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Friday night. But how many people are really aching to see the Royals and Pirates?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This is the best unintentionally funny thread in a long time.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Not many. But because the park is so nice and tickets are pretty cheap they can still draw good crowds on weekend nights.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

You're fine if you sell them at face value. You're also fine if you sell them for, say, $2 less than face value, meaning you lose $6 on the day instead of much more and someone will certainly want them.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

And the weather on Friday is supposed to be nice, which should help. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here is what is for sale on Stub Hub for Saturday. At least it will give you an idea of value.

http://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-pirates-tickets/pirates-vs-royals-6-27-2009-720127/

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

No, it won't, because those chumps vastly overrate the value of the tickets they're trying to sell.

12. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

If I were you, I would roll them up and use them in the bathroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted