1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scaled-down Facebook?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 25, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Here's 400 pictures of the last domestic vacation I went on. Look, there's one of a beer. Subtle, right? Subtle!

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Tammie just checked in Bar Puse with Kelly and Jessica." "Ashley Just Checked in at the Dingletown Mall." "BYM2 has checked in at their houses and is trying on their underwear because they're stupid enough to tell strangers they're not fucking home."

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You can change it any time, but the hits don't come up right away. You and the other person have to be on each others list for a certain undisclosed amount of time for the notifications to go out. They don't tell you what that time period is, I guess to fight the would-be trolls.

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Very nice.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm sad that I have no idea what the joke is.

6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Maybe Facebook should just go to Luckenbach, Texas. Or is that only good for the basics of love?

7. Yeah, I'm not sure what the appeal of having a certain number of friends for a personal site is, and I scale it down every so often when I come across someone I just haven't had any interaction with or don't want to interact with any longer. For a professional one, though, I understand it, because more friends means more potential views of whatever your professional one is trying to get out.

As far as this idea is concerned, I'm not sure it'll catch on. There will always be people competing for the most friends/posts/blogs/whatever, so that might cost it some popularity. However, there are also people who want everything done for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted