1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scaled-down Facebook?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 25, 2011.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not to mention "XYZ Week!" statuses, "97% of people won't post this" statuses and other assorted bullshit that are FAR more annoying than stupid email forwards ever were.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

97% of SportsJournalists.com posters won't quote this. I know my friends will be among the 3% that do.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'm your friend or not ... but I couldn't resist!

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This is stupid. You can scale down tons of stuff in you newsfeed so you can see how much or how little you want and you can block applications. Plus you have the added bonus of being able to stalk that random person that you've blocked two years ago when you've heard some juicy gossip. :D

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It seems like a symbolic/status thing, and I think that might be something people gravitate to. As in, yeah, I'll keep my Facebook account for the masses, but if you're REALLY important, you can be on my Patch account. I think if the guy is able to market to a certain aspect of human psychology, he might be onto something and have a success on his hands.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Which is why society is so pathetic. "Please, someone do it for me!"

8. Dick Whitman

You are one miserable SOB.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

Good god jerk. I was responding to the previous poster, who indeed had a point. Sorry you're not an advocate of personal responsibility, Dick.

10. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

But, but, but . . . whoever dies with the most Facebook friends, wins.

11. Dick Whitman

Sorry, but everything you write is negative. Society sucks. Wussification of America. And on and on and on. I mean, good god, man, this guy's Facebook alternative is another indication to you that people don't take personal responsibility and "society" is going down the toilet?

Either it's an act, or you are, again, one miserable SOB.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

And I thought it was liberals who were by nature miserable.

Draft saved Draft deleted