1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scaifes Splitsville

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Best line of the story, about a "Welcome Home Beauregard" sign posted when Scaife kidnapped the dog back from his wife ... a dog said to be descendant from an English King's pooch: It's safe to assume that despite his lineage, Beauregard is unable to read.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was hoping for commemorative cufflinks.

3. I'm not using the monogrammed guest towels, I'll tell you that.
    And IJAG -=- I loves me some Tennessee, from Beale Street to Music Row, from the Rendezvous to the Ryman.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, that bit of silliness was explained in the story. It is meant as a taunt to the soon-to-be ex.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dude, if it's th Doug's Motel I believe it is that place is about 10 minutes from where I grew up. It's on U.S. 30 in North Huntingdon.

6. outofplace

Sounds like the location mentioned in the story.

And finding out that you grew up in an area with such places might explain a lot. :)

7. If "Doug's Motel" isn't an album title within a year, there's no justice.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I know ... I thought it a great line by the writer. The tone of the whole piece was well done. Perfect voice for a silly story about silly people.

9. outofplace

duh....didn't realize you were quoting there. Shows what I know about reading what people write carefully.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

and why the hell did Scaife buy this woman a house in Port Vue? Wow, what a step up from where she was, uhmm, whereever that was.

11. outofplace

I went to college with a girl from Port Vue. Given the stories she told me, I'm assuming Scaife thought his hooker friend would fit right in.

Draft saved Draft deleted