1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB XLI Commercial Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Feb 1, 2007.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

The K-Fed one, the NFL one and the HP one were my favorites.

HP commercial (with the OC Choppers) was done completely digitally.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It was a rip off from "Never Say Never Again" ;D

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I haven't read through this entire thread, but having watched the game and the commericals, I'd say this was a weak year. The highlight, really, were the ones by Coke. Nicely done. Nothing else captured anyone at the party I was at.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dogs win. We did a show of paws.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Liked Oprah-Letterman and the Coke cartoon commercials of what it is like inside the vending machine and the Vice City (?) videogame ripoff.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The muddy dalmation one? That was my favorite, hands down.

I didn't understand the GM suicide commercial though. Not very PC to run it during a game where the coach's sun committed suicide.

7. Moderator1

Yes, that one. He got the girl in the end.
    Of course, it played off that great Bud commercial from years ago with the pups separated young. Still one of my all-time favorites.

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Yeah, Grand Theft Auto, one of the most violent games out there. Except this guy was passing out Coke and promoting world peace instead of sniping an innocent prostitute and watching blood spurt out her skull. It was nicely played, although not the first time they've run.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Letterman and Oprah was of course the headliner. Otherwise, if not so many hits as in years past, fewer godawful losers, too.

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

The dog getting splattered was a big hit, though the wink to the other dog didn't go over well, but considering the competition, it was high on the list of the best commercials.

Loved the Oprah-Dave bit.

11. Moderator1

Left, you remember the old commercial with the wink?

12. That one totally confused me ... Didn't GM layoff people this year or last year? ???

Draft saved Draft deleted