1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB Nation writer canned for plagarism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Agree. But how fucking lazy do you have to be to not rewrite it so that it's not the exact same yet means the same? That has always left me dumbfounded.

Ace likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe if most of your day is spent "aggregating," outright theft doesn't seem like a thing.

Liut and Doc Holliday like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nothing new and nothing surprising. They go cheap on the labor; the labor doesn't fully grasp the severity of what they're doing. I'll bet the writer didn't give it that much thought until the shit hit the fan.

4. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

SB Nation can go get fucked sideways with a cheese grater forever for defending a serial rapist. Fuck those white privilege assholes.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

*crossthread* So I take it you're not one for separating the performer from the performance.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Good point. What a shitty job it must be to sit around taking other people's work and making it your own. I'm sure it builds a lot of self confidence.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This guy will be extremely punished and will have to serve six months hard labor as an assistant manager at a Burger King.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OTOH, filling your website with content reported elsewhere and slapped together by people working for free is a pretty good business model. Problem is, it hinges on some sucker somewhere paying someone to do some work.

Draft saved Draft deleted