1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB loss transformative for Pats?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Feb 4, 2008.

1. I think that guy played basketball somewhere.

2. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Pats will win their division and make the playoffs again. Bills, Jets and Fins??? ::)
    but DAMN, the perfect opportunity lost. :'(

They're still top team in AFC with Indy (when healthy = best) with Bolts, Jags, Steelers climbing up.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think just like Peyton/Indy, Brady will always give the Pats a fighting chance. In the AFC East, they should win 12 games or so.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nice avatar, BB.

Are your ankles broken, a la Brady, from jumping off the bandwagon?

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

No, I still love the Pats and will always be a fanboi. Giants played a fantastic game. But the season's over. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting soon, I have tickets for opening day at Fenway, and will be there celebrating the '07 series win.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Already giving up on the Celtics?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

No, garnett's in the avatar. So he's leaving himself open in case the Celts go to the Finals.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Sorry that I wanted something a little more relevant than Simpsons characters. ;)

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Dick Drago or Bill Lee would have impressed me more.

10. What an asinine thread topic. Yes, the team that went 66-14 over the past five seasons, with a Hall of Fame QB still in his prime, a coach with three Super Bowl wins and which plays in the league's weakest division, is going to unravel, all because they came 35 seconds short of a perfect season. OK.

11. buh, buh ... a team that only picked up Moss, Welker, Stallworth, and A. Thomas last year will have to find some free agents ... they're doomed. No one wants to play for them.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

And it really hindered the passing game in the Jacksonville game. He was taken away in the SD game, I'll grant that, but he was still a factor in the playoffs simply by his presence, and by what looked like the Super Bowl winning TD.

Draft saved Draft deleted