1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB commercials then and now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 3, 2008.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm nearly to the end of the second quarter and there hasn't been one I've seen that I've enjoyed.

That Thriller one was stupid. Why would I want to drink something that makes lizards dance? Then one gets sucked into a bottle? No thanks.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

OoooK. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My fave (as well as Mrs. Captain's) was the Bud Light wine and cheese party commercial. Going out for a cheese run.

The worst was the GMC ad. Dull, boring, too long and devoid of any color or personality. That's how you want to spend millions of dollars....

Overall, the commercials the past few years have been relatively humdrum. Doesn't seem like they carry the same punch as they once did. In fact, I've found the Daytona 500 commercials the past few years way better than those on the Super Bowl.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I liked the Corolla commerical with the badger and I would have liked the Bridgestone Tires one if they had actually run over Richard Simmons.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The baby spitting up one was good, but the other one -- the one with the clown -- was funnier. Clowns scare people.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Talking babies are not cute, not original and not funny. Why ANYONE would spend millions to put a talking baby in their commercial after it's been done so many times makes no sense to me.

8. Didn't see any commecials, but I did glance at the TV at one point and thought I saw Shaq riding a horse.

Can that be right?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yes. He was a jockey in one commercial.

10. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

What's with the SalesGenie commercials?
    first they had the Indian guy then a panda with Chinese accents.
    I thought it was a bit tasteless. One of the other might fly over my head easily but two just seemed a bit much.

11. Did anyone check out the 'banned' Danica Patrick ad at godaddy.com?
    It's not what you're expecting...

Draft saved Draft deleted