1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB commercials then and now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

my favorite of all time ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My grandma was asking me about them today. The one I remembered is the first 3-D Doritos. She enjoyed the Mean Joe Greene and the polar bear commercials.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

TERRY TATE OFFICE LINEBACKER!!!!!

oh and p.s. enough with the talking animals and monkeys acting like humans.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I forgot Terry Tate was a Super Bowl creation.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm old school, to me a great Super Bowl commercial was seeing that guy put a slug through that Master Lock.
    Another favorite was a live Publisher's Clearing House award where the guy with the check was left stammering on the doorstep when the winners weren't home. "where are they? We're running out of time!"

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Love me some Terry Tate. Every couple of months or so I find myself on YouTube watching those.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think I've posted them on here at least twice. They never get old.

8. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

You're talking about the Doritos commercials with uber hot Ali Ladry? I freaking love that women and can't believe that Mario Lopez(Slader from Save by the Bell) cheated on her.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Now you've done and opened a can of worms for mikey.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking slater.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Indeed. Believe it or not, Mr. Nut, I spoke to A.C. -- he likes to be called Mario, by the way -- less than a year after he and Landry split up. We didn't talk about her. I figured, shit, I didn't need to be one of those media dudes who digs into his personal life, and I think he respected that. We talked about his career, which paths he took, his future plans.

It was an awesome night. I told him how big a fan of The Bell I was. He looked at me and said, "I figured." He spoke openly about Dustin Diamond, how they all got on the show and how they did what they did on it; they filled out personality surveys, including their hobbies (Lopez was involved in all sorts of classes growing up because his mom didn't want him running around the streets in Chula Vista, Calif., so she signed him up for dance, drums, football, wrestling, etc. -- Kelly was into cheerleading and Jessie liked to sing and dance).

So I refuse to say anything bad about Lopez -- and it's Slater, for future reference -- because, call it a personal bias, I think the dude's one hell of a guy. All I can say is sometimes people do stupid things. And while he never should have cheated on anyone -- Ali Landry or Tom Landry ... it doesn't fucking matter -- I hope he's happy with his station in life right now; Ali, too. Because when I spoke to him, he couldn't have been a nicer guy. And it wasn't just because I was wearing my reporter's hat (actually, it was a blue Mets hat, and he signed it: Mike, Best wishes, Mario Lopez).

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All this way and no Bud Bowl appreciation?

Me either.

Draft saved Draft deleted