1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saying you're sorry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, Dec 29, 2007.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

So I really screwed up royally here. I wrote something I probably shouldn't have and I upset a few people I work with, all with my big mouth (or fingers). I said I'm sorry, and I've tried explaining why I wrote it, but I still feel like I'm Mr. scumbag...

Now I know that from now on no matter what I do, it won't matter to this person or people, (who really didn't care for me too much to begin with.)

What sucks is it feels like there's nothing more I can do to fix what's been done. I'm not backing down from what I wrote completely, but the way I expressed it was in poor judgment.

Anyone been in that boat?

How'd it turn out?

2. Was it a column? Or a screw-up in a story?

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A post on the board?

4. jakewriter82

Well it was a personal blog that wasn't intended for certain eyes that managed to find them anyway. I don't want to give too much away, but yeah, it wasn't very nice to a few people at work.

5. Shit, dude, you have to be a lot more careful. If you don't want someone to see what you wrote about them, don't put it on the internet.

6. jakewriter82

Yeah, that was mistake No. 2 or 3. In the grand scheme of things the person really didn't care for me anyway so it's not changing TOO much, I guess.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Don't be surprised if you get a call from the higher-ups for a chat.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by man."

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Try to cover up all evidence, if possible ;)

10. jakewriter82

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Hell yeah I've been in that boat, on this board in fact. And I owned up to it and dealt with the consequences from my former coworkers.

They weren't happy, and I apologized to the people I needed to apologize to. One accepted it and realized that I was a bit of a young asshole, and we moved on. Another still holds a grudge.

Nothing I can do at this point...

Draft saved Draft deleted