1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saying hi to famous people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

SI once wrote that Andre passed out in a hotel lobby after drinking 127 beers, so they put a sheet over him and let him sleep there.

I walked by Jeff Garlin at O'Hare, turned walked back to him and said quietly, "Excuse me, Mr. Garlin, I just wanted to tell you I'm a huge fan of your work on Curb." He practically yelled back at me, "Oh thank you so much! I really appreciate it." So much for keeping it low-key.

Woody Harrelson hit on my wife at the Toronto Film Festival last year. That was interesting.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Back when Bill Clinton was president he made an appearance at a town a little ways north of here. We sent a young reporter and a photographer. Clinton is walking the handshake line and the photog needs him to look in his direction to get a decent picture. So the photog tells the reporter to get Clinton's attention for a minute.
    The reporter springs into action. He yells, "Mr. President! Mr. President!" and gets Clinton to look their way. When Clinton does, the reporter says, "Heeeyyyyy," in a sighing voice.
    To this day we still give the reporter shit about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted