1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say what you want about Bill Shatner, but ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da man, Oct 8, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

... you've gotta love a guy who can make fun of himself. His new commercial for DirectTV HD, set on the bridge of the Enterprise, is brilliant. Yes, I did laugh out loud.

``Again with the shields?''

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I can't even imagine the amount of plastic he had injected in that face, though. That's Joan Rivers territory.

3. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

His recent "roast" on E or Bravo was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I have caught bits and pieces of it a couple of times and laugh so loud that others in my house have come into the room to see what I'm cracking up about.
    Betty White is hilarious and Farrah Fawcett (sorry about her illness) comes off as such a ditz that you wonder how she ever was able to memorize her lines.Shatner's gay Trekkie colleague (Sulu, sp?) is a riot too.
    I have never seen Shatner's rebuttal so if anyone notices it playing again sometime, please give me the heads up.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, he looks right good for being fat and 75.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Shattner sux!

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

William Shatner roast:

Betty White:

George Takei:

Jeffrey Ross:

Lisa Lampanelli (the best one):

Shatner strikes back:

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I dunno, I find these roasts lately have been a bit overrated.

Here's a how-to guide to make roast jokes: Hey Andy Dick, you fuck dudes and suck their dicks! Hey Lisa Lampanelli, you a big fucking drag queen and you fuck black dudes! Hey Golden Girl, you're really fucking old! Hey Sarah Silverman, how the fuck did you have a career, you Jew whore? Hey coked out famous blonde bitch, you look like the living dead and you like cocks by the crate too!

I like coarse humor as much as the next guy, but Dean Martin roasts these are not.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm reminded of a scene from Star Trek II, which is scarily similar to today's newsroom:

Worker: "Our shields are dropping!"

Khan/Managing editor (voice rising): "Raise them!"

Thanks for the useful advice.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about?

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

He's going to be hosting a new gameshow, "Show Me the Money."
    Yes, you can make Cuba Gooding jokes now.

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That's "Takei," as in "to pay!"

Draft saved Draft deleted