1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

say it ain't so - rip: king of the hill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Nov 1, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

Fox Pulls Plug on Its Dying 'King'

LOS ANGELES (Oct. 31) - 'King of the Hill,' the animated comedy that somehow made it 13 seasons despite heavy internal competition from 'The Simpsons' and 'Family Guy,' won't be coming back for a 14th time.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It'll come back.

It's been cancelled before. And Fox eventually realizes it's a reliable show with a loyal, albeit cult, audience that will remain with it even when 13 of the first 15 episodes are pre-empted by football and brings it back.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

dang ol' diddly.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

5. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

It'll be back in one form or another. KOTH, Family Guy and Futurama all have had second lives after cancellation in one way or another.

6. I honestly thought it had been canceled about five years ago.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm probably in the minority here, like usual, but I thought King of the Hill became almost unbearably unfunny a few years ago -- maybe five or six. I got the impression that they were going in more of a serious angle, and I haven't watched since.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm with you, never was a fan. Of Fox's animated lineup it was always the least funny. Mind you I haven't worked hours on a weekend that would allow me to watch anything worthwhile on the weekend in years. I had just figured the show would have been cancelled along time ago.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Agreed here - KOTH was never my thing. Seemed to have a loyal following, so it sucks that it's cancelled, and I shudder to think what animated dreck Fox will put in its slot. But it was definitely the weakest of the Fox Sunday animated block, and that's even factoring in the steep, steep decline of the Simpsons.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The news isn't all bad, tho. The network just ordered 13 new episodes, so it likely runs through the 2009-10 season.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445887,00.html

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

When does Cleveland Brown's show start?

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

My favorite:

HANK: So, are you Chinese or Japanese?
    KAHN: I live in California last twenty years, but first come from Laos.
    HANK: Huh?
    KAHN: Laos. We Laotian.
    BILL: The ocean? What ocean?
    KAHN: We are Laotian. From Laos, stupid! It's a landlocked country in Southeast Asia. It's between Vietnam and Thailand, okay? Population 4.7 million.
    HANK: So, are you Chinese or Japanese?

Draft saved Draft deleted