1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say it ain't so Eddie Murray

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hall of Famer charged and fined for insider trading with former Baltimore Orioles teammate Doug DeCinces, who was charged last year.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/08/eddie-murray-insider-trading-charged/1#.PiizD1K8q9t

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Almost refreshing to see a retired athlete find a way to actually MAKE money instead of set it on fire. But not so good, Eddie.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Outing alert: playthrough is

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I was hoping for an "Eddie Murray continued his 30-year streak of not commenting" to end that story.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he's another name that frequently gets mentioned with Jim Rice as one of the biggest assholes in the game.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hey, I'm looking for an editor for a new magazine on living the good life...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I must prefer when they lose their nest egg in eateries with overpriced food, lousy service and bartenders and managers robbing them blind. At least that is legal.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

My experience with them was, Murray would ignore you as best he could and give you that 1000-yard stare. Rice's was more of a glare as a way of intimidating. Maybe it was just me ... but I doubt it.

Voted for Murray for HOF but not for Rice, based on their numbers, positions played, longevity. Not on their assholian tendencies.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Eddie was an ass but if you said hello, he would respond.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Yep, he seemed fine till you veered into interviewing mode.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

And I could respect that to a certain extent. I had no problems holding a conversation with him. Sometimes, he would tell you stuff but he just wasn't one to give interviews.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I interviewed Rice once and he was a jerk.

Draft saved Draft deleted