1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say it ain't so, Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At least so far, I think it's fair to say that this Harbaugh has handled the situation better than the other Harbaugh did under similar circumstances earlier this offseason.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My issue with Kaepernick, and I agree he's not likely to be charged with anything, but he's acting like a dumb shit and whether it's fair or not, a QB is held to a higher standard than other positions, especially if you're expecting a pay raise that would make you the face of the franchise.

I've always been kind of amazed at how rare it is for a starting QB to get into serious trouble. There's Vick and Roethlisberger and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone ... Favre if you go back a few years and as stupid as that was, I'm not sure I'd call it "serious" trouble.

3. Dick Whitman

Is he, though? I suppose it's possible that he was. It's possible that he was sharing - though it's also possible that she agreed to be shared, in her drunken stupor. It's possible that he abandoned her. It's also possible that he's the one who got her to the hospital with perhaps alcohol poisoning.

My suspicion is that he was probably just really drunk at the end of a really drunken evening and probably passed out.

Bad behavior? Yeah ... I guess. But really, really, really far down on the list of bad behavior. College hijinks, basically, when someone gets just a little too drunk.

Caveat: This interpretation is subject to change with more information.

4. Mizzougrad96

+
    She also claimed there was marijuana there... I know it's not that big of a deal, but still...

5. Dick Whitman

That's right.

Wow. I almost don't even notice that any more as "drugs." Ten years ago, even five years ago, I'd be condemning him for it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In the race towards acceptance, only gay marriage has outpaced marijuana usage.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The latest report is that the guys actually called for the ambulance and a domestic violence/crises team was assigned. Not the conduct of guilty parties.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

These events are all helping to make the Jonathan Martin arrival a
    non story for The 49ers.

9. Mizzougrad96

They'll probably draft Michael Sam to stop the Aldon Smith questions. :D

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Good thing they conducted an investigation, then.

Draft saved Draft deleted