1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say it ain't so Aquafina.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 27, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's not true. I'm sure one of its employees drove a Lincoln at some point in time.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Martin: OK, piglet, start squealing. Where'd you get the lemons for this lemonade?
    Boy: Uh...this is Country Time lemonade mix. There's never been anything close to a lemon in it, I swear!
    ---The Simpsons, Lemon of Troy episode

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's exactly what I do. It sure as hell saves money not having to buy all those freaking bottles all the time, either.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

*Cough* No shit! *Cough*

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I buy one if I'm at the store and am parched. Otherwise, my brita pitcher works just fine.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I saw a homeless guy outside of Yankee Stadium selling bottled water for a dollar. We all know where it came from, and I'm just shocked that he's smarter than 99 percent of the people with homes.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

There a Scandinavian city, I believe, that started selling their own bottles and told people just to fill them up with tap because they said their water was just as good, or better, than the bottled crap. I wanna say there was some recycling or cleaning of the bottles going on, but really all you're paying for in a bottled water is convenience. People don't tote around a squeeze bottle they refill all day.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I buy lots of bottled water and use each bottle only once, throwing it into the garbage when I'm done with it. Sometimes, I wash my hands with it instead of drinking it.

I think of all those plastic bottles sitting in the landfill and I get a little smile on my face thinking about the landfill worker I'm helping to stay employed.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you'd recycle it, you could employ about six people, including the 10-year-old in China who sews together some nice sans-a-belt slacks out of it.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The New York Times did a story about tap water being the newest trend at fancy restaurants. Some of them pump their own sparkling water. The tap water here, I might as well be drinking out of a rusty hose coming out of goatse's ass.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Then why in the hell does a bottle of water cost more than a bottle of soda pop?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Marketing.
    I disagree with the story Boots posted.

Nowhere on the bottle does it say spring water.
    Do you need to be told?
    If it's spring water, it says so.
    If not, it won't.
    This Corporate Accountability group has way too much time on their hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted