1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Say it ain't so Aquafina.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 27, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I won't buy another bottle.

NEW YORK — So you thought that water in your Aquafina bottle came from some far-away spring bubbling deep in a glen?
    Try the tap.
    PepsiCo Inc. is the latest company to offer some clarity about the source of its top-selling bottled water as it announced on Friday it would change the label on Aquafina water bottles to spell out that the drink comes from the same source as tap water.
    A group called Corporate Accountability International has been pressuring bottled water sellers to curb what it calls misleading marketing practices. The group has criticized PepsiCo over its blue Aquafina label with a mountain logo as perpetuating the misconception that the water comes from spring sources.
    Aquafina is the single biggest bottled water brand, and its bottles are now labeled “P.W.S.” The new labels will spell out “public water source.”

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"There's a guy in Pittsburgh, in his bath tub, filling this shit up," - Lewis Black

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I forget which company it is, but it takes water out of the Detroit River, bottles it, sells it.

I have one bottle, and I fill it up every day with tap water I've filtered through my Brita pitcher.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not Pepsi's fault.

They tried a bottle with a logo showing filters straining the crud out of Lake Erie, but it didn't test well.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This isn't a big deal. Coca-Cola does the same thing. The vast majority of bottled water is just tap water that is filtered and sold. Municipalities love it because they are making the initial sale.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

The whole bottled water thing might be the single biggest scam in marketing history. IT'S FREAKIN' WATER! I do what Inky said -- fill my water bottle from the tap and stick it in the fridge.

7. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Bottled water drinker = Nancy boy

8. BitterYoungMatador2

I do this and mix in some lemonade mix.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lemonade mix isn't made from real lemonades, you know.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

I dont care if it's made from a yak's asshole, it tastes good.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

YakAss Juice, the official drink of Young Matadors everywhere.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nothing ever resembling a lemon has ever gone into Country Time

Draft saved Draft deleted