1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Say Fred, hear the one about the Jew, the Catholic and the colored women who go golfing..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 24, 2018.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My group of old farts laughs at your two-some being pleased with a sub-3 hr round. We play foursomes and fivesomes and routinely are done in three hours (or less).

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Plus, I carry a very light bag. 3, 5, 7 and 9 irons, plus a putter.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Using a cart or walking?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I walked ... they rode.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I usually walk unless it's ungodly hot.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There's also such a thing as playing too fast. It's the same mentality as the uncle everyone has who brags he made a 6-hour trip to a relative's house in 4:30 and only stopped once for gas. If you're playing speed golf on a busy course on the weekend with the intention of getting done in less than three hours, and you're crawling up the ass of foursomes who are maintaining a reasonable pace (keeping up with the group in front) then you have the potential to be just as big an asshole as the really slow players.

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

My PR for a solo round is 1 hour, 59 minutes, and I didn't think I was hurrying at all. (Of course, at 3 in the afternoon in Florida in August, you're not likely to run into a whole lot of traffic on the course.)

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do they offer a special rate for the insane?

wicked likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've got a friend who is the too-fast guy and it does get annoying. I want to tell him, "you and I both got a four-hour hall pass from our wives and kids, I'm intending on using all of it."

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have a twilight membership at my local, and I love going out after the course is officially closed. Right now, the clubhouse shuts at 5. I can easily run around that course before dark. It's my way of making light cardio less fucking boring.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Combining running and golfing.
    That's like combining getting kicked in the nuts with getting poked in the eye.

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted