1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sawx Jersey rests in the Bronx

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Apr 13, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3344825

This took some serious stones to do that.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Sam Zell owns the Yankees?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ah, the wit and wisdom of the Steinbrenner family.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Yankees may pursue a lawsuit -- seriously?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, if the person signing the checks for their services needed to take five hours to undo the "damage" done by one of the employees ... sure.

Personally, I wonder if the karma from this can be tied to Papi's .070 average. If he starts swinging the bat well starting today ...

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd treat it on the order of defacing property. Especially since they needed to spend five hours to remove the jersey.

Wonder how they even found out about it?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Red Sox fan who did it running to the papers, boasting about it.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04112008/news/regionalnews/highjinx_hits_yankees_106016.htm

8. markvid

markvid Guest

No lawsuit would ever go forward.
    The only defacing done was because the Yankees chose to remove it. It was in no way visible, in no way interfered with any construction safety or integrity of the building.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Sox fans will get a kick out of it, but I don't see the big deal. Worth a chuckle I suppose. Just another sign of how intense the Sox-Yanks rivalry really is. Hal Steinbrenner is insane, wouldn't doubt he issues a hit on this guy.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

See, this is a case of someone who should have shut up about it and took it to his grave.

I mean, come on, how awesome would it have been it the Yankees go 45 more years without winning a World Series and in the winter of 2053, someone finds out that back when the stadium was built a Red Sox fan left a jersey in the construction of the building?

That would be like a cubs worker stumbling on a dead goat carcass underneath Wringley.

Draft saved Draft deleted