1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw VI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Saw II is on Sci-Fi (SyFy?) with III to be on at 9. Hour late to number two but I'll try to watch it between VT-GT.

2. I was on earlier as well.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Opens tonight, bitches!!!

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You can't just change threads looking for someone to support your crap movie, Sonner!

5. JackReacher

The hell I can't!

I'm pretty sure there are one or two people who like these movies. :)

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It will suck like all the other Saw movies have sucked (except the first one). They get progressively suckier.

And I will watch it.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just got back from Saw VI.

SPOILER BELOW

The first 5 minutes made my arm and stomach hurt like no other movie I have ever seen. I think they make either 1 or 2 more. The cop will still be alive, and jigsaws wife and assistant will tie up all the loose ends. The reporter lady was hot. Would like to see her get involved in it somehow, since she was relatively harm-free. All in all, I thought it was OK. Not my favorite one, and probably not the most gruesome, but it was OK. I did know that when jigsaws wife only gave the cop 5 envelopes, that he would be the sixth. Wasn't too hard to figure that out.

3 fingers out of 5.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just caught up on my Saws tonight. IV was fucking awesome...maybe even better than the first one. Absolutely loved the backstory and how it all tied together at the end with the end of Saw III. Loved how Rigg (am I the only one thinking that was a subtle nod at Danny Glover?) really went thru the entire Jigsaw thought process. Awesome, mind-fucking messing with the timeline there. I knew the twist just from looking at the back of the Saw V box, but it was still awesome.

Saw V was a total what the fuck, and not in a good way. The opening kill was quite possibly the sickest yet, even if it left little doubt who was behind it. I liked the backstory with Jigsaw and Hoffmann, and Strahm had a much bigger role than I anticipated, but the new puzzles SUCKED and made very little sense when tied together with Jigsaw. Also, the tagline from the box--"You won't believe how it ends"--was full of shit. The ending was gross and disgusting, but not all that surprising.

Didn't like it much at all, but I still want to see Saw VI, especially now that I'm caught up. Alas the wife didn't like these last three too much so I might have to go by myself. You wanna impress me Sonner? Get your motherfucking ass up here. :D :D

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm supposed to see this later on today after I get out of work. I've seen all but Saw V, so I'll likley watch that and then head to the theater. I'm just curious when they are going to end it already.

10. JackReacher

Hey. One out of two ain't bad, right? :)

I think I read somewhere where the guy who plays Jigsaw is signed on for one more movie, Saw VII. Not sure if they're going to keep negotiating for more or if it will end there. My guess is it will end.

11. I think they already have scripts and plans for VII and VIII.

12. JackReacher

Draft saved Draft deleted