1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw VI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 29, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So you don't like good endings? You like predictable? I've not heard one person complain about the ending of the first Saw movie. Congrats!

And IJAG.....by maybe, I mean definitely. :)

2. The ending kicked ass. It was amazing, you never saw it coming .. It was right up there with the Usual Suspects, The Prestige and Sixth Sense, in terms of a suprise ending.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just one man's opinion.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only one of those I did not figure out before the ending was the original Saw, though overall it was the one of those four movies I liked the least. That's probably more due to my general dislike of horror films.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

*bump*

Was at Walmart today, texting Sonner to see if it was worth taking a flier on Saw for $5, when I saw that they're selling the unrated cuts of the first 5 in one package for $20.

Just so you know.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That still might be too much. After the first one, they're rentals, at best.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

They won't carry CDs w/parental advisory stickers, but they'll sell unrated buckets of gore and torture at an average of four bucks a pop. Eat shit, WalMart.

($20 for all five? I'm there tomorrow. :D :D :D)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, that's always struck me too. I refuse to buy CDs there (plus, all I listen to is filth-filled R&B and rap anyway :D) but I stock up on cheap movies.

9. JackReacher

That's a damn good purchase. I was pumped to make the same purchase until I realized that I already have the first three or four. Oh well.

And yeah, that's a bad job by Wal Mart. Never thought about it until BYH brought it up. Dumb.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

People are FAR more accepting of censored music than they are of censoring movies. Plus, movies have a rating system where people know what they're getting into ahead of time. The Parental Advisory sticker is more of just a heads up that someone is going to say "F*ck" on this CD, hardly the same as warning that the movie you're about to buy has a shit ton of violence, sex and filthy words.

11. JackReacher

One look at any of the Saw movie covers and you can tell that it ain't for little kids. But that's where common sense comes in.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hate to crossthread, but you're asking these peopleofwalmart.com to show common sense?

Draft saved Draft deleted