1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw VI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hostel might be one of the most disturbing big movies ever seen. The sequel was pretty bad.

They've never come close to the first Saw movie, but a couple of the sequels have been pretty solid. I didn't see the last one.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a Saw movie since III, which was pretty fucked up. I felt like I needed to get my brain scrubbed afterward.

My brother and I used to go just to see the gore and the horrible acting.

3. Mizzougrad96

They made the first Saw movie for less than $1 million. I don't think any of them have cost more than $20 mil, which is pennies by Hollywood standards. They could make that money back even if they went straight to DVD.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The second one makes the first one look like "Bambi" -- OK, that's an exaggeration, but it's definitely the most fucked up wide release movie I can think of.

5. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I thought Saw VI was the last in the series. Somewhere I heard they were only making six.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I've seen all of the Saws up to now.

I was by far the best.

III was the most gruesome.

II, IV and V were alright.

Will definitely see VI.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They're complete garbage after the first one.

And I know this from experience.

8. Mizzougrad96

The first Hostel is scarier than the second one. The second one is much more graphic and violent.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hostel! That's it! I was watching CSI: Miami last night and the crazy-ass bald dude from Hostel was a guest-star. I couldn't place it at the time.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I am not much of a gore fan and generally don't go for movies where someone is being tortured, maimed, terrorized, etc.

That being said I thought Saw was a reasonably interesting movie and more of a thriller than a gorefest. I had no intention of seeing it but they were playing it on the monitors on a bus I was on while travelling thru Cuba.

11. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Some way of another, they need to bring back Danny Glover.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Hostel' was laugh-out-loud bad.
    I saw the first 'Saw' in the theater, and I actually thought it was alright - until the double or triple twist at the end. That ticked me off, and I have refused to watch any of the subsequent movies.

Draft saved Draft deleted