1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw: Part V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Sort of Saw related...

I was traveling on a toursit bus in Cuba and Saw was the movie was playing on the monitors. I imagine it was a DVD that a traveler on the bus happened to have but wow, talk about a reaction from people on the bus.

The driver was screamed at by a German couple for what seemed like 5 minutes straight for putting the movie on.

Personally I don't like horror/gore movies but I found the premise pretty interesting and the movie very entertaining.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Surprised you all like it. What I liked about the franchise was the idea of bad people being given the choice to change and go against their nature.
    SPOILER ALERT
    SPOILER ALERT
    However, none of the people really had a chance in this to do anything but die. i thought it was creative how they changed the concept of the other movies and made it all fit. And kinda cool how they set things up for yet another movie.
    But, this completely abandons the premise established in the first three movies. I left the movie thinking that the first three movies likely have the same writers, and the final two were someone new, and I was right.
    Doubt I continue with the series.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

I watched the movie on Friday. I went in with somewhat lowered expectations. After all, how can the fifth movie in a series be as good as the previous ones. I was thoroughly impressed by Saw V, though. I really liked how they tied it all together and explained how the detective got involved with it all. This was more of a behind the scenes approach. And, of course, there are many questions left for the next movie, which is exactly what the writers have done for the entire series. Lots of holy shit moments, too, which is what these movies are great at. I'm ready for VI.

Draft saved Draft deleted