1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw: Part V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's OK Jelly, I know why you shop there. I wouldn't drive two hours out of the way either. And that's a good deal, until they end up selling the four pack for $20 next year.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As a Lightning follower, I'd appreciate if as many people as possible went out and bought the DVD's and saw the movie in theaters.

The Lightning's new owner, Oren Koules, is the producer of all of them, and they need the money for some defensemen.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Must be why Olaf Kolzig is wearing this mask in his next game:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. BYH

BYH Active Member

You've won enough for one year, haven't you? :D

5. sg86

sg86 Member

Hadn't seen them, bought the first four at a used DVD place for a total of $16, loved every second of them and felt that each one was better than the previous one.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Re-watched 3 and 4 this past weekend to make sure I'm all caught up on the storyline, etc.

I'm pumped for Saw 5. Very interested to see where the plot goes with the corrupt cop.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah, but at the current pace, the Bolts are only going to win 14 games this season.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Totally agree. I'm curious to see how they'll carry on this mindfuck spree with John Kramer's aka Jigsaw's death. They got away with it in 4 because that overlapped with 3 and did some flashbacks where it exposed Kramer's past. The best part of 4 is that you have no idea it overlaps until the end. So who knows where they'll take 5? That's the beauty of these movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just got home from Saw V.

HO-LEE SHIT.

Best of them all.

I'm not EVEN putting any spoilers in here, but I will say emphatically.

HO-LEE SHIT.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It was the second-best of the series.

Awful acting, especially Costas Mandylor. They did a nice job tying together the entire series (especially the last two films) while at the same time washing the slate clean for the next part. Great ending.

Entire movie was totally unrealistic, but hey, so is Star Trek.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Personally, nothing will top the first one, but this one was right on the doorstep. Solid movie. Great opening scene, as usual. Fantastic ending. And everything in between helped explain a lot of things and did a lot in getting people ready for the next movie.

Oct. 2009 can't get here soon enough.

12. Awesome!
    Freaking awesome. After reading this, I am real excited about V.

Draft saved Draft deleted