1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw: Part V

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Yes, but there will be more. It's really about continuing to use the character and Tobin Bell.

2. I'm just waiting for "Hobo with a Shotgun" to be released.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

After seeing the third one, I wanted to go scrub my eyes and my brain for about 20 minutes. I felt fucked up for about an hour after I left the theater. Which probably explains why I haven't seen IV.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Very, very nice.

I'm waiting for Don't!

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I would buy a ticket for Don't. And Thanksgiving. And I would watch Machete on cable.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Speaking of those trailers, you check out the vid in my sig :D

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kinda like all the prequels everyone is doing?

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I really enjoy the Saw series. I'm definitely going to see V.

Saw was great. II was OK. III was fucked up. If you didn't see III then IV was a confusing mindfuck.

I like how they all tie together and there's an overarcing storyline. Tobin Bell is fantastic. I'm curious how they're going to handle his character now that he's gone. With IV, since it overlaps with III (trying to avoid spoilers), they were able to use him. With V - who knows, which is why I want to see it.

9. Tobin Bell is great. Something about the way he is so calm and calculating with that soft-spoken voice makes him more terrifying than if he were a screaming psycho.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You say that after all the Saw movies. If you have any intention on seeing 5, you have to see saw 4.

I love these movies. Can't get enough of them. I'll probably re-watch 3 and 4 before I see 5. I do agree with the others that said the first one is the best. There's no question. The opening scene of 4 was a little unexpected, though.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

There's a scene in IV toward the end with that Walberg dude that is the best (you know what) in all of the movies.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Best Buy (hi, Tommy D!) had a three-pack DVD with Saw I, II and III on sale for 15 bucks once.

I may have to go see if it's still on sale and pick up Saw IX, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted