1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw IV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Me and the wife decided to check it out on PPV last night.

I have seen the other 3, and came away rather blaze' about them.

This one....there were more turn my head away more. [i.e. the fat guy in the hotel room]

Ending screams sequel, which would be a mistake.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

It was pretty much on par with the others: pointless, disgusting and largely forgettable. And of course they'll be another sequel, which I'll probably gladly see. I think they plan to have a new Saw out each Halloween until they are no longer profitable, which could be awhile because they cost something like $5M to make and gross $70M.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I thought the first one was brilliant. Then it just became a blood gore fest.

4. They have already announced there will be at least two more Saw films, and supposedly they're filming them back-to-back, so there might not be one out this Halloween but they will be out the next two.
    I thought the first one had a pretty brilliant premise. The second one sucked, but I thought three was good and four was decent.
    For whatever reason, IV was the one that bothered me the least.

Draft saved Draft deleted