1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw IV -- TV ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Wouldn't the movie be kind of pointless after Jesus escapes? Plus he's already been crucified, what more can you force him to do? Watch Britney Spears on the VMAs?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I can't wait until they turn it into a country variety show called Hee Saw.

"Hello, TSP. Every Saturday night at Grandma's, you used to throw a fit when Hee Haw came on. There is no way you would watch that show, and by extension no one else would watch it either. Well, we've come full circle now. Before you is a television screen, and gloom, despair and agony on you if you can't answer the fence riddles that will com in rapid fire session. Then, should you be unable to give anyone a saaaaaaalute and listen to the Hee Haw Gospel Quartet for more than two minutes, this room will be sealed and become your tomb. Live or die watching Hee Haw -- make your choice."

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hey! My grandparents forced me to watch Hee Haw every Saturday.

:'(

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

How can they make a Saw IV? How can they not, is the question. The number of movie trilogies in which each successive sequel has grossed more than its predecessor can be counted on one hand.

Hell, the principle of good 'ol 'Merican capitalism absolutely demands that Lion's Gate crank this thing out.

I loved the first, was bored to tears by the second and massively let down by the third. But I've opted to classify the first as a movie unto itself...a gutsy little indie flick that was low on funds and acting chops but managed to motor into the country's imagination thanks to a wonderfully diabolical concept.

Sure, I'll catch the fourth. Director Darren Lynn Bousman has turned the franchise into a campy gore-fest, but there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. Halloween is our one excuse to watch goobery films without much socially redeeming value and not feel bad about it. And besides, the Saw franchise dispatches its victims equally...none of that fascination with torturing women that came about this past year with Captivity and Hostel Part II

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Saw VIII: Valentine's Day.

How much do you love your wife? Are you willing to fish thru a live person's intestines to find her wedding ring? How badly do you want her not to know you lost her ring? Oh yes. There will be blood.

6. KYSportsWriter

Can Jack Bauer play Jigsaw? :D

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's a pretty good idea!

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I remember reading that Saw II was rushed into production after Saw hit big. They didn't have an idea, so took a pre-existing script and built Saw around it. Basically, all the stuff in the house with the people trying to figure their way out was from a script that was already floating around. They wrote the Saw stuff around it.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Very good.

10. KYSportsWriter

Sweet.

When can I see the script? :D

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF FINGERS!"

Draft saved Draft deleted