1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw Iron Man last night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Saw it with my dad tonight, and I must say that I really liked it. Downey is perfect for Stark. I don't think you could really do any better for that role. I would have enjoyed a little more detail on how the technology was developed, but that'll probably be in the DVD package. I also liked the foreshadowing of the sequels, with the head terrorist being set up as an updated version of the Mandarin (liked the nod to his powers with the "Ten Rings" terrorist group and the huge ring on his finger) and Rhodes' ascension as War Machine. Should definitely be a fun franchise to follow.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I read a review that said something along the lines of "it's a rare film where a sequel seems like a promise rather than a threat."

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He did, in fact, say Halliburton. Word is, the writers wanted to allude to Stark Industries being similar to Halliburton in that war is good business. A subtle, but effective shot at the current administration.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I almost never see a movie multiple times in a theater, but I will be seeing this one again...

Draft saved Draft deleted