1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw Iron Man last night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 29, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At least he's not bright, glowing green this time. I still can't forgive they screwed up the first one. With that cast, it should have amazing.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This Hulk movie would be fantastic if they put a gigantic Nazi symbol on the Hulk's chest and had him curb-stomp the Abomination.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just got out of the theater. Chalk me up in the "loved it" column. Humor was GREAT. A couple of confessions: First, I had to break out the iPhone and go to imdb.com in the middle of the flick to see who was playing Obidiah. Bridges was just not recognizable. At first, I thought it was Richard Moll, Bull from Night Court. Weird.
    Second, I was so ready to start booing in the clip after the credits. Seeing just the silhouette and hearing the voice, I thought it was Fishburne rehashing his Matrix role. Almost screamed WTF, but then came the reveal.
    And before some smartass chimes in, no I didn't cry during the flick!

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Come on, you cried just a little. When he opened the gift from Pepper? Just admit it.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, okay, yes. But only because I sat on my left testicle. :/

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really dug the movie. Nice to see they're still making movies in the Alabama Hills above Lone Pine (stood in for Afghanistan). Hard to believe it took them 18 years to bring this to screen and they only started filming it last Spring. Amazing what a good script can do. The final "battle" was a little boring, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Downey was great. Bridges was great. Hell, even Jim Cramer was great. The Stan Lee cameo was funny.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seeing this tomorrow night. Can't wait. I can finally stop dodging spoilers.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, then you don't want me to tell you about how at the end Tony is holding a press conference and tells everyone he has herpes. OOps, sorry, SPOILER WARNING...he has herpes.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Jeff Bridges' chracter is War Monger.

Aw, Hell, OOP.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

:)

I have no idea who War Monger is, so that's ok. Is that an Iron Man villain? Never has been a favorite comic of mine.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

WHATATTT!!!!!!!

You mean you didn't spend a year of your life reading nothing but Marvel Universe, the 1985-86 Deluxe Edition?!?!?!!? Memorizing every hero's history, as well as that of their various arch-villains?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

Uh . . . .neither did I.

(goes to closet, aka "Nerd Cave," to retrieve trade paperbacks of said series).

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Ya know, i hated the last fight scene, but it was awesome when he went against the terrorist and went flying with the air force.

Draft saved Draft deleted