1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saw Iron Man last night

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Chemistry issues aside, it was good to see that the pas de deux between Downey and Paltrow wasn't truly consumated. It's good to see not every loose end tied up.

BTW, can't wait for the sequel with a certain A-list actor as the head of STEALTH.

2. They should have cast Courtney Love. You could understand that attraction... certainly in real world terms.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

S.H.I.E.L.D.

4. I thought Paltrow and RDJ had good chemistry. She was realistically into him but knew it shouldn't affect her job and had to pull herself back at times.
    I have yet to figure out how IM survives the ending and the bad guy ...

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just saw it, and dug it. Best superhero flick since the first Spider-Man. Gwyneth looked better than she has in a long time.

And I loved the use of Suicidal Tendencies' "Institutionalized" while he was working on the car. Freakin' loved that song back in the day.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree. Spider Man 2 and Batman Begins were both significantly better. This was good, but those two blew it away.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I concur. I still think Spider Man 2 is one of, if not the, best comic book based film to date. Though, I did like Daredevil (mostly for the soundtrack), so what the hell do I know?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They should rename him AWESOME Man!

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nice effort by Paltrow's team of plastic surgeons. She looked fabulous in the movie, never looked better.

10. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

I saw this yesterday and loved it, especially the fact that they really took a chance on making Downey the anchor of a superhero franchise and he knocked it out of the park.

Still, I don't know if this will even be the best superhero movie of the summer. Watching the "Dark Knight" trailer on the big screen made it look reeeeealy good.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Anybody else get the new Hulk trailer before Iron Man? What did you think? Can't say it got me super excited, but it looks decent.

12. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

I'm a huge Hulk fan, so I saw the first one (ehh, but I wasn't as violently opposed to it as some were) and I'll see the second. I think them upping the crash-bam-boom quotient in the Edward Norton version will help it at the box office.

And when I heard the few bars from the TV theme song at the end of the trailer, the Hulk geek in me got a little excited.

Draft saved Draft deleted