1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Save me from Colin Cowherd!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Yep. Love his show. Like I said, he's the best in the business right now.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, I meant the European reference. Although I've said what I think of CC.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

For a guy who likes to boast of his strong 'opinions,' Cowherd has completely wussed out on Ferguson. Which is when he lost me. His repeated, whining insistence that the Rams' hands-up protest was too short to even be noticed by many was beyond disengenuous, and showed a stunning lack of self-awareness that flat-out insulted his audience.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

My bad. I responded to something that had nothing to do with my post. Sorry. Guess my brain was fatigued.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yep. Anyone who takes it as a badge of honor that he so infrequently dissents -- from Colin Cowherd, no less -- is the worst kind of lemming.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"If you're upset by Kyrie Irving's T-shirt, it's because you're angry about something in your life. You have an unhappy marriage, or you've lost mobility, or you're making less at your job."

Can't make this stuff up. Wait, you can!

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Doc Holliday wholeheartedly agrees with this sweeping generalization..

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Rome: "I don't think I've referred to someone's hair as 'lettuce' enough. Add some more of those in there."

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I would very much like to see a Jim Rome script.

I really hope somewhere on one there's a:

"(Pause) (Pause) (Pause) (And one more pause...really let this one burn!)"

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

His staff sit in separate offices hidden away in a corporate highrise in OC. Even though they are all no more than 30 feet apart, no one speaks to each other...everything they do, they do via online chat back and forth between their closed offices. It's really one of the more remarkable daily media operations around.

I have my theories as to why they are separated, but...

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They might strangle each other if they weren't?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re LA radio: I just am dumbfounded that I keep hearing the same voices... Fred Rogin has ANOTHER show???

I do like Travis Rodgers' show, though its probably a tad Angels-centric for most people.

Draft saved Draft deleted