1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savannah on St. Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Next weekend, I'm going to be in Savannah, Ga., playing in a rugby tournament on Friday and Sunday and partaking in the St. Patrick's Day festivities on Saturday.
    For those of you who have been there for St. Patrick's Day, what's it like? I've heard something along the lines of New Year's Eve, Mardis Gras, Spring Break, something like that. Is that pretty accurate?

2. I second this question with my own addendum ... my family is thinking of going: is it safe or suitable for young kids?

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Only if you're the kind of parent who takes his kid to Mardi Gras or Spring Break...

4. Gotcha.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

PM Hoops for some good info.

And can I bet against your team in Sunday's game? I have the feeling you're not going to be feeling too well.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Somehow I have a feeling every team will be in the same boat.

7. From my firsthand experience with rugby, alcohol the night before and immediately after is as essential as gatorade is to football. I'm sure it will be business as usual.

8. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Two things:
    1) I have a son who attends college in Savannah. St. Patrick's Day has become an entire week of total bachanalia. The college students get the week off for spring break and they stay in town anyway just for the week-long party.
    2) I played rugby in college and some after college. The alchohol is good for numbing the pain - both before and after the match. How do you think we're able to play such a violent game without any pads?

9. "Ay-yi-yiy-yi
    Your mother, she swims after troopships..."

10. Ay-yi-yiy-yi
    Your sister goes down on Egyptians...

Worcester has the best St Patrick's Day parade going. By now it is larger than both South Boston's and New York's.

I understand that Savannah's s now the biggest in America but who thinks of the Irish when you think of Georgia?

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I didn't realize this coming weekend was St. Patrick's day until it was too late. I'm going to be in Prague, which im sure will be awesome, but it would have been nice to be in London for St Patty's day.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Ay-yi-yiy-yi
    Your sister does squat thrusts on fire hydrants

Draft saved Draft deleted