1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savannah Morning News Sports Reporter opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Jun 19, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This was just posted on JJobs.com.

Any idea what the beat is?

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I have no idea what you'd cover, but there aren't many places nicer than Savannah.

3. Says you need a college degree and at least two years of experience, but sports knowledge is only preferred?

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

They could bring in someone from the news side who wants to switch to sports.

5. Danville1999

Danville1999 Guest

Anybody know if they'd be interested in a recent college grad?

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There really isn't any place nicer than Savannah. I've heard it's a pretty good paper, too.

Is this a Morris paper, though?

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd take Denver over Savannah. But that's because I like the mountains. And yes, spup, it's a Morris paper.

8. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Drawbacks are that it's Morris, but a great place to live. Hot as hell in the summer, but then again so is the whole Southeast. No place better, though, most of the year. Try the Olde Pink House for eats if you interview.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My only concern would be that it's owned by Morris, but the Georgia papers are generally treated a little nicer than those of us with papers toward the west were.

10. I Like HD

I Like HD Member

This is maybe the most vague ad I've seen. What the hell does this paper cover sports wise?

11. Hoopsfan23

Hoopsfan23 New Member

Exactly. I was about to say the same damn thing. Does this paper cover preps, college and pro sports? I just googled the paper and the site is a tad odd. But according to the Audit Bureau of Circulation, its 64,308 so that doesn't sound too shabby.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Maybe it's their way of making you cover Savannah State, the lamest of all D-I sports programs.

Draft saved Draft deleted