1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Savannah designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Apr 11, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No shit... good for Buck...

2. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

how much jack is this paying ... don't want to waste my time if it's under 40K

3. Jackson

Jackson New Member

No. Savannah is not replacing him per se. There is a move toward more of a universal-type desk. It likely would pay less than 40k.

Trust me though, as a sports designer, you wouldn't want to go to Savannah. There really are no sports to cover, plus you get 4-page sections in which to cram everything (that doesn't include the ads in that section).

4. bassetbawl

bassetbawl New Member

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It was a tough decision, but I'm excited about the opportunities at the Tennessean.

Jackson paints a pretty bleak picture of the Savannah Morning News. It's not as bad as all that. There's SEC and ACC sports. There's great golf in the area, and Atlanta has everything. Although the paper doesn't staff them (except the golf), designers do get to do packages around them. Newshole is an issue, but on the other hand there are some really top-notch designers to work with and learn from. Having said all that, the paper has already filled the position.

Thanks again to MU, BigRed and Slappy.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

Filled the spot? Now I got to drive all the way back home. Damn you, John.

Draft saved Draft deleted