1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi gang-rape victim is whipped and jailed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 15, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chuck, you're dealing with Abbott, the renowned Islamic scholar.

2. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Would you mind using a green or light blue marker? Red upsets the children and they are unable to perform well in their soccer games after school.

3. "Stop being a dick"? Coming from you, that's rich.

If one were to go through your posts regarding the U.S. and list the negative ones against the positive ones, the former would outweigh the latter by a hefty margin. You don't have to be Bush's bum boy to see that. Heck, a lot of other Canadians around these parts are embarrassed by the vituperative nature of your U.S.-related commentary.

Certainly my country isn't perfect. But it isn't always imperfect, which is almost always the thrust of your U.S.-related posts. I realize a lot of Canadians feel the way you do. But, as alanTdot so eloquently put it, it reeks of an inferiority complex combined with passive/aggressive fuckery.

Instead of condemning the Saudi justice system -- which I think any freedom-loving human would do -- you just had to get in a dig against Uncle Sam. You couldn't help yourself, I guess. You were just doing what you do best.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, if I think that Fredo's Little Adventure is an unmitigated disaster, has upset international diplomacy and cost tens--maybe hundreds or thousands of lives--that's a "dig against Uncle Sam" ?

And freedom loving humans also abhor the fact that your government executes its citizens--and in Fredo's case, gleefully. Wait a minute. That's a negative. My apologies.

And stop with your ninth grade amateur psychology--the only thing I have an inferiority complex about is my grey hair.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So you'd like to think. ::)

6. Your dig against the U.S. had nothing to do with Bush or Iraq or anything of the sort, and you know it. Quit changing the subject.

And yes, the U.S. executes its citizens -- who have been convicted by juries of their peers of the most heinous crimes imaginable. And only after seemingly endless judicial appeals have been exhausted. I guess you forgot that part, eh?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, I used to be worried about my slapshot. But I got over it.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You should have been using a snap shot any way.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Unless they are well-to-do.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, you're proud of the fact that you're right up there with China and Saudi Arabia in the state-sanctioned murder sweepstakes?

Here's an idea.

First there was The War on Drugs.

Now there's The War on Terror.

You could call all this killing The War on The Poor, the Tired & The Huddled Masses".

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Backhand, baby, backhand. :)

12. Executions in China in 2005 = 8,000 (est., including for offenses such as tax evasion)

Executions in the U.S. in 2005 = 60

Draft saved Draft deleted