1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi gang-rape victim is whipped and jailed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Until then, we're not allowed to offer any comment?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You Canadians are way too fond of flannel, by the way. Makes you look puffy.

3. Only you could write something so outlandish and obnoxious -- and do it with a straight face (I assume).

You're an even bigger caricature than the right-wingers on SJ.

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Not that I agree with all the points JR is making, but Ray Krone and Ryan Matthews might have something to say about this particular statement.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I agree with Ace concerning the relative impossibility of an attack on Saudia Arabia. I was simply pointing out the iniquity of attacking Iraq.

6. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Let he who is without sin .....

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Blog about it?

8. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Why not attack friggin Saudi? Really, why not? Is it better to wait until oil is priced at $195 a barrel and we are out in the streets fighting for scraps of meat?

No one is working to figure out how our petroleum based economies are going to work without , um, petroleum, so why not just start invading countries for oil.

(BTW there is a shitload of oil in Canada, and our army is mostly theoretical so screw the cultural and economic colonization that the US has already achieved in Canada, why not just get some off duty policemen to come up and take the oil.)

9. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

Sorry for the ramble, but JR looking down his nose at the US is a bit tiresome. I live in Toronto and am quite fed up with that viewpoint.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

alan makes a good point. maybe we should condemn Canada and then just take it over.

11. alanTdot

alanTdot Member

You already have a song ready -Blame Canada!! - for the war effort.

12. Well said.

Draft saved Draft deleted